Wednesday 12th March Part 2

After the sculptures we then concentrated on one of the main sets. After sticking on the plinths on earlier they had dried and we could then build them up with all purpose filler to get rid of the square shape they had.
So we added on a thin layer of all purpose filler to the base of the set before working up on the plinths. We left them with a texture as Dewi wanted to give an old worn away feel to his set.
Once this had dried, we started to add some clay lines to act like the outlines of stone slabs on the floor that had been worn away and broken, as well as building up the sides of the set with clay. We then added some sawdust on top and into the cracks to give the floor even more texture when we were to paper mache over the top on.

P1050443

P1050447

P1050452

P1050453

P1050456

Tell me what you think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s