Monday 24th March

I finished off the wall that I started yesterday, painting the rope to match in with the set and again giving it the effect of the mold spreading from the vines onto the wall itself.
After finishing the first set we then got to work on the next main set which was the throne room. We put clay onto the edges to smooth out the square angles look then paper mache over the top to give the same texture as the previous set. This time we didn’t bother using sawdust and clay outlines of the stones as we realised once the paper mache was on top it didnt really give a texture, other than the one that the tissue done already from the paper mache. This made this set a lot quicker to do as we didnt have to fiddle around with trying to make the tissue stick, and with the amount of time we had left, time was of the essence!!
I left Hannah and Dan to finish paper mache the set whilst I went up and helped Dewi with the lighting for photographing his sculptures for a still shot. I found this extremely helpful and informative as we haven’t really learnt anything about lighting, so being taught off Dewi and being shown what to do and what creates what was really helpful.

P1050563

P1050564

P1050561

P1050567

P1050568

P1050570

P1050569

Tell me what you think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s